The A-Z of the Environment
The subject of the environment appears everyday in the news and the business press. Consumers, and more and more organisations, are demanding more environmentally friendly products, services, business policies and ethics.
Employers and operators of businesses need to be aware of the issues, terminology, law and offences involved in this high profile topic. This major new reference work the A-Z of the Environment provides a ready reference to these issues and to the actions environmentally friendly businesses need to take.
- Over 450 separate entries arranged in an accessible topic-by-topic index format
- Fully up-to-date with all the latest UK and European legislation
- Expert summaries of the law, issues, risks and obligations
- A useful risk assessment-based approach
- Each entry cross-referenced to other relevant topics
- The distilled knowledge of a renowned expert in one prestigious book
- Detailed advice on what to do and how to do it
Who should have this reference work
Managers and policy market makers across business, industry and government as well as those with specific managerial, technical and legal responsibility for all aspects relating to the environment.
‘It reviews the principal terminology, current legal requirements, offences, the role of statutory bodies and the main environmental health issues.’
Environment Information Bulletin
Jeremy Stranks MSc, FCIEH, FIOSH, RSP is an acknowledged expert in the field. He was a founder member of the National Examination Board in Occupational Safety and Health (NEBOSH) and a chief examiner for that Board for many years. He is currently an examiner for the Chartered Institute of Environmental Health and the Royal Institute of Public Health.
He is a regular seminar speaker and the author of over 20 books, including Safety Law (Prentice Hall) and A Manager’s Guide to Health and Safety at Work (Kogan Page)