The A-Z of Employment Practice 10th edition
The A-Z of Employment Practice provides comprehensive, practical guidance on personnel law and practice at a time when employers are faced with a steadily increasing burden of legislation and potential penalties.
This book has been fully revised to reflect both changes in the law and the effect of court decisions on employment law interpretation. It provides updated guidance on:
• new section on Apprentices (the current changes)
• new section on Safety obligations and the use of safety folders
• dealing with personal problems to maintain productivity
• instituting controls over the use of tattoos and body piercing
• restrictions regarding using zero hours contracts
• change in rights for parents of babies born on or after 5th April 2015
• changes in rights of those adopting from 5th April 2015 possible extension of legislation to outlaw political, caste and obesity discrimination
• practical guidance to minimise falling foul of the Bribery Act
• requirements for employers to carry out an equal pay audit should an equal pay or sex discrimination case be lost
• the danger of over-casual use of social media sites and the need to guide employees to prevent abuse and avoid them incurring personal liability
• detailed and practical advice on what to do rather than why
• instant access to expert guidance in an easy to use A to Z format
• checklists, examples, pitfall warnings and valuable tribunal decision case studies
• a blueprint for a cost-effective personnel service suitable for organisations large and small.
‘This book covers everything you need to know about good employment practice … This is a really useful book. Every manager should have one.’
Professional Manager [Journal of the Chartered Management Institute]
‘This book will be of value to all businesses, particularly perhaps smaller businesses where the director/owner needs to be his or her own personnel or HR manager … a valuable guide for every manager and would-be leader.’
John Sunderland, former Chairman, Cadbury Schweppes PLC and President of the CBI
David Martin FCIS, FCIPD, FIoD runs his own successful consultancy and is a Fellow of the Chartered Institute of Secretaries, the Chartered Institute of Personnel and Development and the Institute of Directors. He is a regular seminar and conference speaker on company and employment law and personal skills, and has written over 60 business books. The 9th edition of The A-Z of Employment Practice benefits from his 20 years of experience sitting on Employment Tribunals. David is the series editor for ICSA’s One Stop series, for which he has written several titles, and is consultant editor of Butterworth Tolley’s Company Secretary’s Link. His latest books, The Company Director’s Desktop Guide (12th edition) and The A-Z of Facilities and Property Management (3rd edition) are both published by Thorogood.