Mastering Business Planning and Strategy
Paul Elkin provides a practical guide to developing successful business plans and strategies. Mastering Business Planning and Strategy looks at practical techniques for profiling the business and the competition, analysing the market, mastering strategic thinking, positioning for marketplace success, option appraisal and strategic decision-making, as well as implementing and managing change.
1 Mastering business success
2 Mastering strategic analysis
3 Mastering market analysis
4 Mastering the Volume – Cost – Profit relationship
5 Mastering organisational analysis
6 Mastering option appraisal
7 Mastering strategic leadership
8 Mastering performance measurement
9 Mastering new business development
CHAPTER 1: Mastering Business Success
- Achieving business stability and growth
- Business goals
- Business success – the evidence
- Business stability – the evidence
CHAPTER 2: Mastering Strategic Analysis
- Environmental mapping
- Industry mapping
- SWOT analysis
- From – To analysis
- Root cause analysis
CHAPTER 3: Mastering Market Analysis
- Overview – defining business unit strategy
- Market analysis – setting competitive strategy
- Market mapping
- Strategic Business Unit (SBU) analysis
- SBU analysis: the benefits
- Competitor profiling
- Directional policy matrix
- Competitive positioning: generic strategies
- Competitive positioning: differentiation
- Differentiation and price
CHAPTER FOUR: Mastering the Volume – Cost – Profit Relationship
- The contribution approach
- Product and service pricing
- Cost profiling
CHAPTER FIVE: Mastering Organisational Analysis
- Overview – moving to a new level of success
- McKinsey ‘7S’ model
CHAPTER SIX: Mastering Option Analysis
- Force-field analysis
- Stakeholder analysis
- Identifying financial sensitivity and evaluating risk exposure
- Evaluating business development options
- ‘AID’ analysis
CHAPTER SEVEN: Mastering Strategic Leadership
- The concept of mission
- Summary – the implications of mission
- Leadership: situational responsiveness
CHAPTER EIGHT: Mastering Performance Measurements
- Strategic Key Performance Indicators (SKPIs)
- Financial Key Performance Indicators (FKPIs)
- Summary – building up the picture
- Operational Key Performance Indicators (CKPIs)
- City Key Performance Indicators (CKPIs)
- Value added
CHAPTER NINE: Mastering New Business Development
- Key stages in business development
Paul Elkin worked in a range of senior management roles in the public and private sector before entering consultancy with Price Waterhouse, specialising in business performance reviews. Since 1989 he has been Managing Director of TMMi and has worked at the senior level with a wide range of UK, European and US owned businesses specialising in strategic development, performance management, planning and financial control.
The Thorogood Business Library
This publication is part of The Thorogood Business Book Library a collection of specially selected business publications, which can start or enhance a businesses own library or supply whole teams with expert reading on their areas of discipline.
This compilation of publications is a balanced blend of all the disciplines which managers in every organisation need to have: finance, people skills, leadership, strategy, PR and sales and marketing.
The full retail price for all these books is £352, but the Thorogood Business Library can be purchased at less than HALF this price for £158.40 if booking via the website (excluding delivery @ £25).
The Exceptional Benefits
- Cheaper than Amazon!
- One purchase, one delivery, hassle free
- Great authors under one collection
You might also be interested in:
A one-stop guide to the world's most important thi... Read more...
Using a real company case history, Norton Paley ex... Read more...
Encapsulates all of John Adair's writing on how to... Read more...