Manage to Win
Revitalize your business and wrong-foot your competitors
Learn how to reshape and reposition your company to meet tougher challenges and competitors, when to confront and when to retreat, how to assess risk and opportunity and how to move to seize opportunities and knock-out the competition.
Real-life case-studies and examples throughout the text. Extensive appendix of practical guidelines, numerous management tools and usable checklists.
- Revitalize your strategies, reinvent your managerial skills
- Estimate your chances for success
- Act with speed and decisiveness
- Develop offensive strategies: your defining moment as a manager
- Energize your company’s potential, develop invincibility
- Create an ongoing momentum among your employees – the opportunities are limitless
- Strategies to activate profitable growth
- Lead by making strategic manoeuvres
- Manage by harnessing the full potential of your people
- Lead by signs, signals and movements
- Manage by understanding the nature of markets
- Lead by employing agents – the manager’s lifeline to successful performance
- Implementing tactics: the hands-on test of leadership
- Conclusion: looking ahead as you manage to win
‘Throughout the growth phase of a company, managers need to be able to keep changing gears, sometimes from one hour to the next… the managers who learn to enjoy those gear changes are the managers who thrive. Manage to Win is perfectly positioned to help managers to do just that, to prepare them for the disruptive changes that come with growth, and to give them the tools to manage those changes successfully. Norton Paley’s premise is right on target.’
Paul Lee, (Former) CEO, BBC America
‘Norton Paley has once again captured the essence of winning management strategies. He’s taken a complex set of concepts and refined them down to an easy-to-understand guidebook for today’s busy manager. Norton’s plain English, common sense approach to managing in today’s ever-changing markets removes all of the pitfalls a manager would normally face without this wonderful insight. This book is a ‘must have’ for any manager intent on success.’
Edward J. Fred, CEO and President, CPI Aerostructures, Inc.
‘Leading an enterprise can be both exhilarating and terrifying, whether it’s a Fortune 500 corporation, an organic iced tea company, or the corner deli. Norton Paley’s insights on anticipating and outflanking the competition could prove invaluable to a manager facing key decisions.’
Seth Goldman, CEO and President, Honest Tea, #117 on Inc. Magazine’s 500 Fastest Growing Private Companies
‘Norton Paley has written a book extremely relevant for today’s modern leader. He couples new age business examples with time-proven theory, tactics and strategies to give a clear blueprint for success in an ever-changing world.’
Warren D. Krug, Vice President, Emerging Commercial Markets Group, Washington Mutual Bank
Norton Paley lives and works in the USA and has over 25 years’ experience as a marketeer, lecturer and author. He has written several successful books and is a regular contributor to The Management Review and Sales and Marketing Management.
You might also be interested in:
A comprehensive guide to the techniques of develop... Read more...
Provides entrepreneurs with a practical guide on h... Read more...
This book explains how to start or buy, then devel... Read more...